The Marketing Meetup Alternative Awards.Awards for incredible work. But without the crap.
Ever get the feeling awards aren’t as good as they should be?
There is a butt-load of incredible marketing work going on out there.
Work that is original, brave, and creative while driving meaningful results.
Work that deserves to be recognised.
But doesn’t it feel like the current award scene is missing the point?
Having to pay for an expensive table to even be in with a shot of winning…
Being stuck on said table with some smashed fat cat squeezed into a dicky bow suit they definitely shouldn’t be wearing anymore…
The sneaking suspicion that sponsors are paying to win…
Or worse, losing out to something that feels like it has been done to win an award – not drive commercial success…
It just feels slimy. Dirty.
So we’re doing something about it. Introducing… The Marketing Meetup Alternative Awards.
No sponsors. No in-person ceremony. No tables. No sliminess. And for fucks sake no stock image will be walking away victorious.
We’re going back to basics and rewarding the people and activity which move the marketing industry forward with bravery, creativity, and driving real results.
Get your entry in by May 31st. Good luck.
The categories and what you win
Seven exclusive awards for the truly deserving, not for every man and his dog.
Winners will also gain a privileged invitation to speak at a Marketing Meetup event, and be featured on The Marketing Meetup Podcast.
Victors will also be announced to the whole Marketing Meetup network, as well as find out who is victorious in a live-streamed event.
The Strategy Award
An award for the creation and implementation of a marketing strategy that required original thinking and bravery. Was there a unique problem that needed solving? A tricky customer to help? This award recognises those who applied long-term thinking with success.
The Content Award
Your favourite piece of standalone content that encapsulates creativity, bravery, and a real spike in results. Although this content may play a part in a wider strategy, we’re looking for a singular moment of creative genius.
The Channel Award
The award for activity on a specific channel. Be it PPC, Social, SEO, Programmatic or your specialist area. This category rewards creativity, bravery, and results driven through a specific channel with an implementation that beyond the obvious. Buzzwords will be penalised.
The Agency Award
The agency that can prove creativity, bravery and results run through their veins. We want to see not only the agencies which do things differently with their work, but those which value the humans that work with them as employees and clients. Don’t just tell us about your 20 day holiday policy: demonstrate you drive success across your portfolio, while valuing the humans in it.
The Individual Award
An award for a specific marketer who encapsulates the spirit of bravery, creativity and a results focus in their actions. This isn’t just an entry for the big boys and girls – we’ll be seeking a worthy winner from all levels of marketing talent.
The Young Gun Award
Acknowledging an up and comer on the marketing scene. Someone demonstrating bravery, creativity, and a results focus, but with plenty of room to grow.
The Wildcard Award
For those who don’t fit into the above categories. Those who have done something so brave, so creative, and driven so much that they couldn’t possibly fit into the above. We have no idea what will constitute the winner here, so send something our way, and you never know…
1. Please submit your entry via the form below. Entries will be received in a plain text format through the form so plan accordingly!
2. You are also permitted (and encouraged!) to submit one piece of supplementary content to bring your entry to life. This can be watched, sniffed, tasted, felt or heard – sent digitally or physically (however, no perishable items, please!). Any physical items can be sent to 1A Pond Lane, Little Downham, Ely, CB6 2TW. Your items CANNOT be returned, so please do not send anything you wish to have back, as this will not be possible.
3. If your supplementary piece of work is available digitally, please ensure it is accessible with a public link or sent via WeTransfer to email@example.com. We will not be chasing those submitting entries to get their links.
4. Your full report should be no more than 1250 words. Don’t push it.
5. 250 words of the overall 1250 should be used for an executive summary. Don’t waste this opportunity to get us excited.
6. Entries are charged a flat fee of £99 + VAT if made before April 30th. Entries made after this date, but before 31st May will be charged at £149 + VAT. There will be no extensions to the May 31st deadline. There is no additional cost for submitting multiple entries, although if you copy and paste your entries, we will be coming for you.
7. After submission of the entry form, you will be invoiced by The Marketing Meetup Ltd. Failure to make payment of the invoice by June 14th 2020 will result in your submission not being considered for victory.
8. The results of the awards will be announced on July 15th.
The judging panel will be made up of Marketing Meetup humans and people we like – all of whom will sign strict NDAs to ensure your entry stays confidential. If there is deemed to be a conflict of interest, the judge will be asked to leave the room or not be given access to the entry. The judging panel will be looking for evidence of:
1. Creative thinking and action. Have you come up with something that hasn’t been done before? Had to get around a particularly difficult challenge? Had some odd targets? Let us know about the problem, and the way you took it on with original thinking, or by applying an old solution in a new context.
2. Bravery to go beyond the norm. Did the implementation feel a little uncomfortable? Good – nothing good ever comes from greyness. Tell us about how you pushed the barriers.
3. Strong marketing results aligned to strategic thinking and planning. Finally, and vitally, make sure that you demonstrate that your creativity and bravery has delivered results. It’s not about mouldy food – it’s about driving commercial success.
The entry form
Fill it in.
1. Entries must be received no later than the above deadline.
2. All submissions must be made online. If a physical item is required to complete the entry, the report section at minimum must be completed online, with indication given in the supplementary field that a physical item will be making up the rest of the entry.
3. The judging panel will only read and use the entries or reports for the purposes of the judging and are required to sign NDAs.
4. Do not include password protection on links unless completely essential. In the case of this being required, include passwords for judges to access.
5. All entries must be supplied and conform to the category rules and submission formats.
6. The judges also reserve the right to remove categories where entries do not meet the standard for nomination. These entries will not be refunded as they will have been judged accordingly.
7. The organisers reserve the right to verify that all entries have been commercially produced for a commercial client where relevant.
8. All entries submitted must be legal. Any entry that has a complaint upheld against it by the Advertising Standards Authority will be disqualified. Refunds will not be given.
9. The judges’ decision is final.
10. Due to the number of entries received, the awards cannot give feedback on individual entries.
11. By entering these awards, you give the organisers the right to publish or exhibit screen grabs and/or submitted report. If you wish to upload a modified or less commercially sensitive version for publishing purposes, please do so on the entry upload form.
12. For any further questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.