Now is the time many marketers are looking to up skill. Here’s the areas we would be focusing our attention in 2020:
– Fundamentally… digital. If you’re still telling yourself you’re not a computer person, unfortunately you’re being left behind. Now is the time to learn.
– Strategy. Our industry is plagued by a focus on tactics, which without context of strategy just leave us spinning the wheels. Getting a broader view on our role made me a better marketer when it came to implementation, too.
– Community building. Building something meaningful which provides value is important for attraction and retention of customers. Also implied would be things such as email marketing to communicate with the community.
– Copywriting. We’re all writers – doing it better makes us more effective at our job.
– Data analysis/reporting. Because the best way to show your value is to report it as clear as day with the numbers.
– A specialism of your choice. Because it will be good to point to a specific skill set, even if you’re a generalist. This could be channel (Social, PPC, SEO, Web dev, Email, Events etc) or industry specific (FMCG, Retail etc)
Events coming up…
|Date||Format||Speaker||Subject||Get yo' space|
|19/06/2020||Networking||You 🙂||Conversation Club||Sign up|
|23/06/2020||Webinar||Max Hoppy, Co-Founder of Bind||How they teach you to be creative at Google||Sign up|
|24/06/2020||Workshop||Chris Smith & John Moss||Negotiation and Persuasion for marketers: The workshop||Sign up|
|26/06/2020||Networking||You 🙂||Conversation Club||Sign up|
How have events changed in reaction to COVID, and how to nail them now – Emma Honeybone, Head of Relationship Marketing, Engine Group
In the past couple of months we’ve seen a monumental shift in the events industry. The gut feeling would be that this changes everything. However, much has in fact stayed the same when it comes to putting on a great event. This session discusses both, before answering the community’s questions.
Things are hard right now. Chances are, they will get even tougher.
And while we can’t click our fingers and make things better, we wanted to do what we could to help. So, working with our friends and partners at Brand Recruitment and Pitch Consultants, we’re offering the community 30 minute CV sessions.
The coronavirus crisis will test us all as marketers. Mark Ritson doesn’t pretend to have the answers, but he has earned the right to have an opinion worth listening to after a storied career that has left him as one of the world’s best known marketers.
Why finance isn’t the enemy, and strategies for approaching Covid – Deepa Shah, Founder of Lab-Eight
In this webinar with Deepa Shah, we debunked some of the myths surrounding the relationship between finance and marketing, and much more.
In this webinar, Lisa shares how brands are leveraging influencer campaigns in reaction to the Covid crisis.
You know how every brand in the world is messaging you that they’re there for you right now? Well, we got Sean Paul to do ours.
In this comprehensive webinar, Dave is questioned on a wide variety of marketing topics sent in by The Marketing Meetup Community.
In this comprehensive webinar, Rory addresses some of the failings COVID has brought to light and also the opportunities during this period of change.
Branding in the COVID-19 environment and beyond – Q&A with Margaret Molloy, Global CMO of Siegel+Gale
Margaret Molloy, Global CMO of Siegel+Gale, is one of the world’s foremost marketers when it comes to branding. The 2020 Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has brought into focus some of the key tenants of great brand strategy and implementation.
Rand Fishkin, CEO & Co-Founder of SparkToro, has led companies through tough times before. And while this crisis is unique in some ways, there are lessons to be taken from experience in how to respond as marketers, and business owners to Coronavirus (COVID-19).