Fiverrs Journey to building a household name – Liron Smadja, Senior Director of Global Brand Marketing
Viral Age ( 2010 – 2014 )
- Understand your positioning
- Start with Google trends
- Look at reviews to see what people love and what people don’t love
- Look at Reddit to see conversations about what people like and don’t like
- Tools: Glimpse, Google alerts, FAQ Fox & Product Hunt
- Milk every opportunity/win to reach out to people to build trust and validate what you’re doing
- Build Word of Mouth through your product. Customer referrals, Affiliate programs
- Run like a hamster to meet & connect with your customers to build a community
Conversion Age ( 2014 – 2017 )
- Be customer-oriented – Do your research into your customers –
- A/B Test to get more insight into your customers.
- Continuously A/B Test. It’s never-ending.
- Tools: Unbounce, Typeform
- Your core business competence is important.
- It’s not what you think you are it’s what your customers think you are.
- Focus on the Prize – The end goal
Branding Age ( 2017 – 2021 )
- Stop talking about your product and more about what you stand for. The best brands:
- Change the perception of the world: what do you offer the world
- Aren’t just differentiated; They make a difference
- Engage people’s emotions & Help people help themselves
- Clearly define & Know your target audience
- Focus on telling your customer stories to build an authentic brand
- Be real and authentic
- Find out who cares
- Make people feel something
- “That’s so me” – I relate to that.
- Make trust your Northern Star
- Focus on your customer journey and tell your story
- Target on belonging
- Make your audience feel like they belong to something bigger.
- Keep growing, Keep learning & Stay Curious
- Tools: Fiverr, Zest, BookLets, Mentor List, Really Good Emails, Muzli