How do professionals use Zoom for webinars?
Zoom has become one of The Marketing Meetup’s most important bits of software.
And while we’ve all no doubt set up many a Zoom meeting for the purposes of quizzes and more, learning about how to do it for webinars wasn’t all that easy. So, we thought we’d create a (not short) video, on what the background operation of setting a Zoom webinar looks like.
This post is very ‘feature heavy’ so buckle in!
The difference between a webinar and a meeting
Something not abundantly clear from the off is the difference between a Zoom ‘Webinar’ and a Zoom ‘Meeting’. In short, a webinar is more like a broadcast. A meeting is more like what you’re used to on your group chats. Webinars have a host and panelists on screen, a meeting has everyone.
Key points from the video
– Membership is not cumulative – We have two memberships for Zoom webinar, a Webinar 100 and a Webinar 500. This does not mean we can have 600 people in the room, it means we can have 500 because this is the largest membership we own. Do not be tricked into buying multiple Zoom webinar memberships!
– Enable practice mode! (webinar) – This setting means you are able to have a ‘green room’ experience with your panelists and do not broadcast immediately with your Zoom webinar. This is important so you are able to answer any of their questions, as well as generally catch up before the session begins.
– Stream on YouTube or Facebook live – We stream our sessions on YouTube as well as in the session. This broadens our reach, but also means videos of the sessions are made available on YouTube immediately after a session finishes.
– Breakout rooms (meeting) – Only available in Zoom Meetings, the breakout room function allows hosts to send participants out into smaller groups to have more intimate conversations than would have been afforded through simply having one larger session. Mega useful!
– Follow up emails – We take a slightly different approach with our follow up emails, but the funcationality is there to have it all automated for you, if you wish.