Now is the time many marketers are looking to up skill. Here’s the areas we would be focusing our attention in 2020:
– Fundamentally… digital. If you’re still telling yourself you’re not a computer person, unfortunately you’re being left behind. Now is the time to learn.
– Strategy. Our industry is plagued by a focus on tactics, which without context of strategy just leave us spinning the wheels. Getting a broader view on our role made me a better marketer when it came to implementation, too.
– Community building. Building something meaningful which provides value is important for attraction and retention of customers. Also implied would be things such as email marketing to communicate with the community.
– Copywriting. We’re all writers – doing it better makes us more effective at our job.
– Data analysis/reporting. Because the best way to show your value is to report it as clear as day with the numbers.
– A specialism of your choice. Because it will be good to point to a specific skill set, even if you’re a generalist. This could be channel (Social, PPC, SEO, Web dev, Email, Events etc) or industry specific (FMCG, Retail etc)
Events coming up…
|Date||Time||Format||Speaker||Subject||Get yo' space|
|Every Friday||12 Noon - 12.45||Networking||TMM Community||Online networking with the most lovely marketers you'll ever meet||Sign up|
|04/08/2020||15.00 - 16.00||Webinar||Kris Tait, MD of Croud USA||How to not fall into a performance marketing rut||Sign up|
|11/08/2020||08.30 - 09.30||Webinar||Sarah Roberts, Head of Digital Communications at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust||Personal lessons on comms from COVID whilst working at a hospital||Sign up|
|17/08/2020||09.30 - 13.30||Workshop||Jon Torrens, Communications Coach||How to present yourself like a pro||Sign up|
|18/08/2020||15.00 - 16.00||Webinar||Mary Owusu, Head of SEO & Analytics at GuruBound||Why your SEO isn’t working. How to use analytics to discover hidden SEO opportunities to boost your site’s traffic||Sign up|
|25/08/2020||08.30 - 09.30||Webinar||Hannah Anderson, Co-Founder of Social Chain||How social has changed, and how to adapt||Sign up|
|01/09/2020||08.30 - 09.30||Webinar||Jordan Harry, Founder of StudyFast||10 habits to improve your brain health, and how to remember them||Sign up|
|08/09/2020||08.30 - 09.30||Webinar||Lee Wilcox, Founder of Electric House & On the Tools||TBA!||Sign up|
|15/09/2020||08.30 - 09.30||Webinar||Helen Tupper, Co-Founder of AmazingIf & Marketing Week Columnist||Squiggly Careers||Sign up|
|22/09/2020||15.00 - 16.00||Webinar||April Dunford, Author of Obviously Awesome||Positioning Jujitsu||Sign up|
|29/09/2020||08.30 - 09.30||Webinar||Louis Grenier, Podcaster in Chief at Everybody Hates Marketers||How to stand the f**k out||Sign up|
|06/10/2020||08.30 - 09.30||Webinar||Hannah Thorpe, Director of Growth Strategy at Found||Landing pages & a live audit||Sign up|
|13/10/2020||08.30 - 09.30||Webinar||Kirstie Smith, Founder of Social Circle||20 new advancements to implement into your social media strategy||Sign up|
10 habits for a healthier brain, and how to remember them – Jordan Harry, CEO of StudyFast & Honcho at School of Marketing
We don’t prioritise mental health as much as we do physical health. So, what can we do to make sure we’re making the most of our brains: keeping them in tip top shape?
How social media has changed, and what you can do to adapt – Hannah Anderson, Co-Founder of Social Chain
social media changes every day. What are some of the most significant recent differences, and what can you do to adapt?
Making the most of SEO is something we can all relate to trying to achieve. The channel is inexpensive, and it’s effective. But, it’s an art that feels shrouded in mystery. Lucky, we have Mary Owusu of Gurubound to make things clearer.
I’m the founder of The Marketing Meetup. I started the Marketing Meetup four years ago because I was a solo marketer working in a small company, I didn’t have anywhere where I could network with other marketers and I didn’t have a place where I could learn either.
What could you learn as a marketer during COVID, working for a hospital? – Sarah Roberts, Head of Digital Communications, CUH NHS Trust
COVID has changed everything. But what is it like when you’re a marketer, and expected to communicate with patients and staff alike the changes that are going on clearly, while everything is changing around you?
We have a problem in marketing. We’re spending our lives focusing on short term tactics, at the expense of long term results, strategy and measurement.
So, you’ve heard of conversational marketing, but would love to see it in action? Here are some of the best examples from across the web.
There is so many amazing marketing tools out there, it’s difficult to keep up. Here is our recommended tools for marketers on a budget.
New to marketing? Here’s the absolute basics
Linkedin is providing an incredible opportunity to build your personal brand right now. But how do you do it? Here’s our top tips.