On Tuesday, our guest Thierry Ngutegure shared his favourite tools for data gathering and research for campaigns.
This is amazing, as one of the questions we get all the time is ‘what are the best tools for me to get my job done?’
See the list below 👇👇
- AnswerThePublic is an absolutely brilliant one to understand what questions people are asking around a particular topic—the “who”, “what”, “when”, and “where”’s.
- Use Google Dataset Search if you have no idea what numerical value is out there for a given topic.
- For discovering peak trends and their respective search volumes, Thierry uses Exploding Topics. Ahrefs is great for search volumes, as well.
- He uses Buzzsumo to find out how many articles have been written about a particular topic, and how much engagement those articles have had.
- Reddit is an awesome way to understand how people talk about a certain topic and you can also use scrapers to get the information you need, rather than having to delve into subreddits.
- You can even start with Similarweb to reference similar websites to yours.
- You can try heatmapping/website recording software like Contentsquare or Hotjar.
- Thierry’s favourite social listening tools are Sprout Social, Meltwater, and Brandwatch.
And that’s the list! Happy browsing! 🙂